Peanut-Butter Cookie recipe is low in fat, but still taste great.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies recipe is low in fat but still taste great. Adapted from an American Diabetes Association recipe. This recipe is not well suited for a low sodium diet. These chewy, dense, Peanut Butter Cookies are an unforgettable memory from childhood. These soft peanut butter cookies are easy to make, full of peanut butter flavor. This is the best peanut butter cookie recipe you will ever try!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 780
- 1/2 cup butter, light, stick, with salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Using a mixer or by hand, cream together the butter, peanut butter and honey. Next add egg whites, vanilla and water and mix until dough is well blended.
- Combine the remaining dry ingredients in a sifter. Sift into creamed mixture and mix well until completely blended. Cook dough should be refrigerated overnight (at least 12 hours).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. While oven is preheating, spray cook sheet with a light coat of nonstick vegetable oil spray.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough onto cookies sheets and use the tines of a fork to flatten out each cookie.
- Bake cookies on the center oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove peanut butter cookies from oven, and allow to cool before serving.
- Serving Size: 24