How to make Poached Eggs Perfectly Every Time – Alton Brown Shows Us How!
If you’re looking for the perfect poached eggs every time, then look no further! Alton Brown is here to show us the way. Poached eggs are a delicious and healthy breakfast option, and they are surprisingly easy to make with the right technique. With Alton Brown’s help, you’ll be able to enjoy perfectly poached egg every time. So get ready to learn the secrets to perfect poached egg because with Alton Brown’s help, you’ll be sure to master the art of poaching eggs in no time.
This method of preparation is favored for eggs, as it can yield more delicately cooked eggs than cooking at higher temperatures such as with boiling water. Making the perfect poached eggs is easier than you might think! The trick to a successful poached egg lies in the method. Here are the steps to making a perfectly poached egg:
1. Fill a pot with several inches of water and bring it to a low simmer.
2. Crack your egg into a small bowl or cup and gently slide it into the water.
3. Use a spoon to gently nudge the egg whites around the egg yolk, creating a nice round shape.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the whites are just set and the yolks are still runny.
5. Use a slotted spoon to carefully remove the egg from the water.
6. Serve immediately on toast or asparagus.
And that’s it! With just a few simple steps, you can make the perfect poached egg every time. Enjoy!Print
Perfect Poached Eggs
Alton Brown shows us how to make perfect poached eggs every time. Excellent served on toast or asparagus.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :05
- Total Time: :15
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Global
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Heat the water: Add enough water to come 1 inch up the side of a narrow, deep 2-quart saucier. Add 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 2 teaspoons white vinegar and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Meanwhile, crack 1 very fresh cold large egg into a custard cup or small ramekin. Use the handle of a spatula or spoon to quickly stir the water in one direction until it’s all smoothly spinning around.
- TIP: Use this whirlpool method when poaching a single serving (one or two eggs). For bigger batches, heat the water, salt and vinegar in a 12-inch nonstick skillet and do not stir.
- Add the egg: Carefully drop the egg into the center of the whirlpool. The swirling water will help prevent the white from “feathering,” or spreading out in the pan.
- Let it poach: Turn off the heat, cover the pan and set your timer for 5 minutes. Don’t peek, poke, stir or accost the egg in any way.
- Lift it out: Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and serve immediately. Alternatively, move the egg to an ice bath and refrigerate up to 8 hours. Reheat in warm water just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: Perfect Poached Eggs