Start your morning off right with these tasty pancakes made from quinoa, an ancient grain that is high in protein and fiber. Quinoa pancakes with a little syrup are much healthier than plain old pancakes. Fluffy quinoa packed pancakes bursting flavor! These delicious, healthy pancakes are easy to make and pack plenty of fiber and protein thanks to quinoa. You’ll love these beautiful pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup.
If you’re looking to start your day off with something delicious and healthy, this recipe for quinoa pancakes is sure to please! Also known as the mother of all grains, quinoa has been around since about 3,000 B.C., when it was cultivated in the highlands of what we now call Peru and Bolivia, according to Mark Blumenthal of the American Botanical Council. It wasn’t until much later that the Inca people began to cultivate it in the mountains at 15,000 feet above sea level, where they would traditionally eat it with llama meat and saffron.
Tips on How to Use Quinoa in Different Recipes
Check out these Tasty Quinoa Recipes to perfectly cook quinoa for every occasion. Healthy supergrains never tasted so good.
- Quinoa is a versatile grain that can be used in sweet or savory dishes.
- To make quinoa pancakes, simply substitute quinoa for the flour in your favorite pancake recipe.
- Quinoa can also be used in place of rice in many recipes.
- For a quick and easy quinoa dish, try stir-frying it with vegetables and your favorite seasonings.
- Quinoa is also delicious in soups and salads.
- You can even bake breads, muffins, and cakes with quinoa flour!
- And last but not least, you should definitely try using quinoa as an egg replacement in any baked goods recipe!
Now that you know how to use this ancient grain in all sorts of recipes, there’s no excuse not to get cooking!Print
Start your morning off right with these tasty pancakes made from quinoa, an ancient grain that is high in protein and fiber.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: :30
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more for skillet
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- Fresh fruit or fruit preserves (optional), for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together quinoa, flour, baking powder, and salt. In another medium bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, butter, milk, and syrup until smooth. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter and heat over medium-high. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on top, 2 minutes. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more melted butter and remaining batter (reduce heat to medium if overbrowning). Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit or preserves if desired.
- Advance preparation: These pancakes freeze well and can be made a day ahead, refrigerated and reheated.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Quinoa Pancakes