Slow cooker Cowboy Brisket is a tender, juicy brisket topped with tomatoes, onions, garlic and cilantro. Is your mouth watering yet? Juicy and delicious meat, easily made in your slow cooker! This crock pot brisket is so tender it just falls apart. This is the perfect recipe to make for brisket tacos, burritos, nachos and more!
Cowboy Brisket is both:
- Quick and easy: thanks to using the slow cooker this recipe is a set it and leave it meal. That makes it perfect for busy weekdays or weekends!
- Versatile: use this recipe to make the shredded brisket you can use in burrito bowls, burritos, nachos, tacos, enchiladas or salads! There’s so many options.
What is Brisket?
Brisket is a fatty tough cut of meat found under the first 5 ribs. It is used to make corned beef, pastrami and silver-side. It also makes a wonderful slow cooked meat dish and can be found in practically every good BBQ joint. Brisket is typically sold in two different cuts: flat and point. Go for the flat cut if they have it because the thick fat cap will aid in giving more flavor to your brisket.
Serve with Spanish Rice and Schmaltz-Refried Pinto Beans. Here are some other good accompaniments for this recipe homemade Classic Mexican Guacamole, Mexican Salsa, Mexican Pickled Carrots and some Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars for dessert.Print
Slow Cooker Cowboy Brisket
Slow Cooker Cowboy Brisket recipe – Every home needs something simmering in the kitchen, so fire up this versatile big-batch recipe.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: 8-9
- Total Time: 9:10
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: TexMex
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Trim fat from brisket leaving a thin layer; cut into 3-inch chunks.
- Rub brisket pieces evenly with spice mixture. Arrange meat on top of onions and garlic in a lightly greased 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours or until brisket pieces shred easily with a fork.
- Serve brisket drizzled with small amount of cooking liquid, or cover and chill up to 4 days.
Keywords: Cowboy Brisket