Looking for a new scallop recipe to try out? These sriracha glazed seared scallops bring a nice sweet heat.Print
Sriracha Glazed Seared Scallops
Perfectly seared scallops with a spicy Sriracha glaze. Fast and flavorful, we love these Sriracha Glazed Seared Scallops! Cheaper than going out to a restaurant and just as good as chef made scallops! These crispy, pan seared and juicy Sriracha Glazed Scallops are the ultimate treat when it comes to scallop recipes! Serve as a starter or main, nothing melts in your mouth quite like tender-crisp and buttery scallops.
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 4
- Total Time: 9
- 1/2 lb sea scallops (fresh or thawed if frozen)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1–2 tsp unsalted butter
- a splash of white wine or dry sherry
- Sriracha to taste
- parsley to garnish
- Rinse scallops with cold water and remove any of the side muscles (the little extra flap found on the side of the scallops) that are present.
- Pat scallops dry.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or sauté pan to high heat with 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp butter.
- Once your pan is hot and ready, gently add the scallops, spaced and uncrowded.
- Sear uninterrupted for about 1.5 to 2 minutes on each side (flip gently using tongs) until a golden crust forms on each end.
- Overcooking will be your worst enemy here so keep an eye on them. Smaller scallops will cook faster while extra large scallops may need extra time on each side. Once done, plate the scallops.
- Next deglaze the pan to make your sauce.
- Add a splash of white wine (I had a yummy chardonnay on hand) or dry sherry and a generous dollop of sriracha and whisk the orange bubbly amazingness until all the little golden bits of scallop have released from your pan. Add extra Sriracha and butter to the sauce as desired.
- Remove from heat, pour over scallops, and sprinkle with parsley for a pop of green.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4