Step into the vibrant world of Thai cuisine with this tantalizing recipe for Thai Chicken with Hot-Sour-Salty-Sweet Sauce. This dish is a harmonious dance of flavors that will transport your taste buds to the bustling streets of Thailand.
Prepare to embark on a culinary adventure as we guide you through the creation of this masterpiece. The journey begins with a flavorful marinade that elevates simple chicken legs into something extraordinary. A fragrant blend of chopped cilantro, Asian fish sauce, and freshly ground pepper is transformed into a coarse puree that coats the chicken, infusing it with a symphony of aromas and tastes. Allow this delectable fusion to meld together as the chicken marinates, absorbing the essence of Thailand in every tender bite.
Complementing this succulent chicken is a dipping sauce that captures the essence of Thai cuisine’s core flavors: hot, sour, salty, and sweet. The sauce begins with the tangy allure of tamarind concentrate, melded with the richness of Asian fish sauce and the zesty brightness of fresh lime juice. Minced garlic and Thai chili bring a gentle heat, while a touch of sugar balances the profile. A splash of water and a drizzle of vegetable oil weave these ingredients into a harmonious blend, ready to awaken your palate.
Now, as the anticipation builds, it’s time to bring this masterpiece together. Preheat the oven to 400°F and ignite the grill to create those signature charred marks that will enhance the chicken’s flavor. Grill the marinated chicken over high heat, allowing the tantalizing aromas to envelop you, turning it until a beautiful char forms.
Once the grill has worked its magic, transfer the chicken to the oven for a final roast, ensuring it’s cooked to perfection. As the chicken emerges, its succulence and fragrance will leave you breathless.
To culminate this culinary voyage, stir a generous amount of chopped cilantro into the dipping sauce, infusing it with a final burst of freshness. As you present your masterpiece, imagine the sensation of dipping each succulent piece of chicken into the sauce—a harmonious blend of hot, sour, salty, and sweet flavors that will leave you craving more.Print
Thai Chicken with Hot-Sour-Salty-Sweet Sauce
Looking for Thai chicken main dish recipes? Try this excellent Thai Chicken with Hot-Sour-Salty-Sweet Sauce recipe. This delicious Thai chicken makes for an exotic weeknight dinner that comes together quickly. It features traditional Thai flavors you and your family will cherish.
- Prep Time: :25
- Cook Time: :45
- Total Time: 1:10
- Yield: 4 1x
Marinade for chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole chicken legs, skinned
- MARINATE THE CHICKEN In a mini food processor, process the cilantro, fish sauce and pepper to a coarse puree. Coat the chicken with the marinade. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- PREPARE THE DIPPING SAUCE In a bowl, combine the dissolved tamarind with the fish sauce, lime, garlic, chile, sugar and water.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Light a grill. Rub the chicken with the oil and rub the grill with an oiled paper towel. Grill the chicken over moderately high heat, turning, until charred, 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, until cooked.
- Just before serving, stir the cilantro into the dipping sauce and serve with the chicken.
- Tamarind concentrate is available at Indian and Latin food shops.
- One serving: 177 cal, 7 gm fat, 1.5 gm sat fat, 2 gm carb, 0 gm fiber, 26 gm protein.
Keywords: Thai Chicken with Hot-Sour-Salty-Sweet Sauce