This is a wonderful recipe for Alabama-Style Chicken Kebabs. These Grilled Chicken Skewers with Alabama White Sauce are about as delicious as they come. Once these go onto the grill, the smell is amazing and then once you start to apply the Alabama White Sauce…forget about it.
Learn how to make the juiciest grilled chicken kabobs with this easy chicken recipe. Alabama has its own signature, and it’s Alabama white sauce; a tangy barbecue sauce made with mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and horseradish.
This Alabama-Style Chicken Kebabs recipe is quite simple and straightforward, but the smokiness from the grill, the juicy chicken breast and then the rich, tangy Alabama White Sauce…it all comes together to make an excellent appetizer that will be the hit of your next grilling party!
After many trips to Alabama for football games I was first intrigued with the sauce because it’s so different from many others associated with barbecue. The zesty sauce was popularized in Decatur, Alabama and is commonly served on smoked chicken though I enjoy it slathered over chicken as in this recipe.
Skewers: Either reusable metal skewers (my preference) or wooden skewers (be sure to soak those in water 15 minutes before using to prevent burning)
Not what you are looking for? Try these other great Chicken Kebab recipes:
- Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Kebabs with Aleppo Pepper
- Tamarind Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
- Yakitori, Grilled Chicken
Alabama Style Chicken Kebabs
This is a wonderful recipe for Alabama-Style Chicken Kebabs. These Grilled Chicken Skewers with Alabama White Sauce are about as delicious as they come.
- Prep Time: :20
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: :40
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grill/BBQ
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (or more if you can handle it..I used two!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, mashed or put through a press
- Whisk all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate. (Sauce can be made well ahead of time.)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Four 12-inch skewers (if using wood, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning)
- Salt, pepper, and olive oil
- The sauce
- Cut the breast halves into 1 1/2 inch cubes and thread them on the skewers. Season the kebabs with a little salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Light your grill to medium heat and oil the grates well.
- Reserve 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the sauce for dipping.
- Place your kebabs on the grill and start lightly basting and turning until the chicken is done. (Be careful not to burn!) Serve them up with a little of the reserved sauce on the side.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Alabama-Style Chicken Kebabs