Chicken is what’s for dinner! Versatile and inexpensive, ordinary chicken can be turned into something extraordinary with just a few simple ingredients and some imagination. The secret to this juicy and tender Country Fried Chicken lies in the simple buttermilk marinade with a hint of thyme. Learn how to make country fried chicken with a crispy breading from the comfort of your own home, in no time at all.
Get ready to indulge in the ultimate comfort food experience with our Buttermilk Country Fried Chicken recipe! Crispy, golden-brown perfection meets succulent and tender chicken in a dish that embodies the heartwarming flavors of the countryside. This recipe combines a time-honored marinade with a seasoned flour coating, culminating in a dish that’s nothing short of a culinary masterpiece.
Prepare to embark on a journey that tantalizes your taste buds from the very first bite. Our marinade, featuring creamy buttermilk, a kick of ground red pepper, a hint of salt, and the aromatic allure of minced garlic, infuses the chicken with a depth of flavor that’s both delightful and satisfying.
As you coat the chicken in a seasoned blend of all-purpose flour, cornstarch, dried thyme leaves, and paprika, you’re creating a crisp and savory exterior that’s simply irresistible. The careful marriage of herbs and spices transforms each bite into a symphony of tastes that celebrate the heart and soul of country cooking.
Once the chicken is coated to perfection, it’s time for the magic to happen. The sizzle of hot oil in the pan will envelop your kitchen in an aroma that’s reminiscent of cherished family gatherings. The chicken will fry to a glorious golden-brown, achieving a satisfying crunch that gives way to the juicy tenderness within.
Whether you’re serving this Buttermilk Country Fried Chicken as the star of your meal or alongside classic comfort food sides, its timeless appeal is bound to bring smiles to the faces around your table. So, roll up your sleeves and follow our easy-to-follow instructions to create a dish that embraces the flavors of tradition while satisfying your craving for pure culinary delight.
Not what you are looking for? Try these other great Chicken recipes:Print
Buttermilk Country Fried Chicken
Chicken is what’s for dinner! Versatile and inexpensive, ordinary chicken can be turned into something extraordinary with just a few simple ingredients and some imagination.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :30
- Total Time: 2:40
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove Top
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Oil for frying
- Place chicken pieces in a large resealable food storage bag. Add all marinade ingredients and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to marinate.
- In pie pan, mix flour and all remaining chicken ingredients except oil. Heat about 1/2 inch oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade a few at a time, allowing excess to drip off. Roll chicken in flour mixture until well coated. Add chicken to hot oil in skillet, a few pieces at a time until all pieces are in skillet. Cover; cook over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until deep golden brown. Discard marinade.
- Uncover skillet. Turn chicken; cook 5 to 8 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs). Drain chicken on several layers of paper towels. Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.
- Ground red pepper, or cayenne pepper, nicely spices this fried chicken. Add more, if you like.
- Cold fried chicken is a summertime favorite. Prepare this recipe the night before, cover and refrigerate it. The next day, pack the chicken in the cooler with potato salad and fresh fruit to take to a family picnic. Don’t forget the lemonade and iced tea.
Keywords: Buttermilk Country Fried Chicken