Quick & Lean Chicken Mushroom Stroganoff with Hot buttered rice and steamed asparagus.Print
Chicken Mushroom Stroganoff
Quick & Lean Chicken Mushroom Stroganoff with Hot buttered rice and steamed asparagus. There’s something about chicken and mushrooms in a creamy gravy that is so classic, so essential, that it’s no surprise that this recipe is so immensely popular. All you have to do is taste it. One bite. Then another. Then repeat until there’s nothing left!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 oz. (about 3 3/4 c.) fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 c. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 c. chicken broth or water
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp. dried
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tsp. of the oil. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and cooked through turning once, 7 to 10 min. Remove chicken; cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet heat remaining 1 tsp. of oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 min.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in sour cream, chicken broth, dill, salt and black pepper. Add reserved chicken; cook until heated through, about 5 min.
- Serve over rice, if desired with steamed asparagus.
- Serving Size: 4