Put some fruit into your mornings with this Strawberry Jam that is scrumptious on toast.Print
Diabetic Strawberry Jam
Put some fruit into your mornings with this Strawberry Jam that is scrumptious on toast. This delicious small batch jam is perfect for when you don’t need 50 jars – but you DO need a little jam! Homemade is always better, and this recipe is no exception!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 40
- 4 cups strawberries halved
- ½ cup grape juice – concentrated white grape juice simmered down from 1 1/2 cups
- 2 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest grated
- 1 ½ tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- Place berries, juices and lemon rind in saucepan. Mash berries slightly to release juice. Heat to boiling. Sprinkle with unflavored geltatin. Remove from heat, skim and pack into hot jars with hot lids. Cool to room temperature before freezing.
- Note: Because this is stored in the freezer, you may use any airtight, leakproof freezer container for storage, even plastic containers. Tastes better if allowed to sit for a week. Freezes beautifully for up to 6 months.
- Serving Size: 48