Camp David Spaghetti With Italian Sausage is a simple and easy pasta dinner.Print
Camp David Spaghetti With Italian Sausage
Camp David Spaghetti With Italian Sausage is a hearty ground beef and tomato pasta sauce mixed with spaghetti, and topped with Italian sausage and melted Parmesan baked to a gooey delight.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 105
- Total Time: 120
- 4 Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 16 oz can Whole Peeled Tomatoes With Juice
- 1 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- ¼ cup Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 16 oz pkg Uncooked Spaghetti
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Slice the sausages lengthwise, leaving them attached along one side. This makes them easier to cook.
- Spread them out flat in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, turning once, until the sausages are browned and cooked through.
- Remove from skillet and set aside. Once cooled, cut each sausage in half to make 8 pieces total.
- Place the ground beef, olive oil, onion, and garlic in the skillet, and cook and stir over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent and the beef is browned and crumbly.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and bay leaf.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have blended. Remove the bay leaf.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, drop in the pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Drain pasta and mix it into the sauce.
- Place servings of hot pasta with sauce on oven-safe plates, place a cooked, opened sausage over each serving, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place plates in the preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and begun to brown.
- Serving Size: 8