Cauliflower Rice: How to Make It in Just 5 Minutes
Cauliflower Rice is a great way to get your daily servings of vegetables while cutting down on carbs. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare, and it’s perfect for a quick and healthy meal. From chopping the cauliflower to cooking it, this delicious side dish is a breeze to make. In this blog post, we’ll explain how to make Cauliflower Rice in just 5 minutes!
Cooking up a delicious, low-carb meal doesn’t have to be time consuming. Cauliflower is a great alternative to regular white rice, and it’s incredibly easy to make in just a few minutes. Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your rice. Try sautéing it with garlic, ginger, or spices such as cumin, curry powder, and chili flakes. You can also add some diced vegetables to give it even more flavor and nutrition.
Making cauliflower rice is an easy and delicious way to reduce the carbs in your meal without sacrificing flavor or texture. With just a few minutes of preparation, you can enjoy a nutritious side dish or even a light main course. Give it a try and see how easy it is!Print
Cauliflower Rice – Is it too much work? Not at all! It takes 5 min to chop, a few seconds to process, and five minutes to cook. Total time is far less than you’ll spend cooking regular rice, and you are cutting out a ton of carbs and squeezing in a ton of veggies by doing so.
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :05
- Total Time: :20
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Wash cauliflower and pat dry.
- Remove outer leaves; break down the head of cauliflower into uniform pieces (1-2 inch florets). Include stems!
- Working in 2-3 batches, place florets into a 7 cup food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Pulse 10-15 times, until cauliflower is in small rice-sized pieces. Remove any full florets that may remain.
- Optional: for the best texture and flavor, squeeze moisture out of cauliflower using cheesecloth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick pan. Add the cauliflower rice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for around 5 minutes. Cauliflower rice should still be ‘al dente’ with a bit of bite. Do not overcook as it will get mushy.
- Enjoy immediately, or store for later (4 days in the fridge or freeze for up to 3 months).
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: cauliflower rice