Try this amazing Chicken Pot Pie Soup!Print
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Try this amazing Chicken Pot Pie Soup! This hearty soup is comfort food taken to the next level.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 45
- 1 refrigerated pie dough
- Egg wash
- 1/4 c. finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/2” coins
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. water
- 4 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 c. chopped green beans
- 1 c. corn
- 1 1/2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 stocks celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out pie dough to a ⅛” thickness. Brush with egg wash and bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Let cool then then break into pieces.
- In a large Dutch oven (or heavy bottomed pot) melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Stir in flour, and cook until the flour is golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add the water, broth, milk and potatoes. Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to simmer gently until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Season soup with salt, pepper and paprika. Stir in corn, green beans, peas and chicken. Cook until the peas and green beans are tender and the chicken is warmed through.
- Garnish soup with parsley and serve with pie crust dippers.
- Serving Size: 4