Who doesn’t love a good doughnut? Skip the trip to the doughnut shop and make these cinnamon baked donuts at home instead! They’ve got all the same great flavors without the grease. This baked variety is just as satisfying as the fried version, but SO much lighter in calories.
Super Yummy Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts – Doughnuts are one of America’s favorite treats. However, most of us only allow ourselves to eat fried foods every once in a while. some doughnuts can be on the heavier side and weigh you down for the rest of the day. These cinnamon baked doughnuts are the perfect solution – they’re light and fluffy, and can be whipped up at a moment’s notice with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
This recipe is an irresistible oven-baked doughnut with a very similar flavor to fried doughnut but without all the extra mess and deep frying hassle! They are perfectly tender, sweet and always temptingly delicious! Doughnuts are such a classic, favorite treat but making the traditional fried donuts from scratch can be a bit time consuming. That’s where these baked doughnuts come in!
Not what you are looking for? Try these other great Breakfast recipes:
- Yukon Gold Cinnamon Rolls
- Diabetic Friendly Breakfast – Vegetable Omelet
- Healthy Quinoa Hash Browns and Turkish Eggs
- Chilaquiles Casserole
Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts
Amazing Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts are just wonderful for breakfast!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Baking spray with flour, such as Baker’s Joy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 doughnut pans well.
- Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one a little more than three-quarters full. Bake for 17 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then tap the doughnuts out onto a sheet pan.
- For the topping, melt the 8 tablespoons of butter in an 8-inch saute pan. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Dip each doughnut first in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar, either on one side or both sides.
- Serving Size: 12
Keywords: Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts