These Dirty Rice Stuffed Taquitos by Chef Michael Gulotta are absolutely amazing! With the flavors of Cajun seasoned dirty rice and beef, tortillas fried to perfection and melty, seasoned cheese, these taquitos are the perfect party appetizer or game day snacks.
A taquito, tacos dorados, rolled taco, or flauta is a Mexican food dish that typically consists of a small rolled-up tortilla that contains filling, including beef, cheese or chicken. The filled tortilla is then crisp-fried or deep-fried. The dish is often topped with condiments such as cheese, sour cream and guacamole. This recipe uses Dirty Rice with Ground Beef.
My love for good, authentic Mexican food is not a secret, and I’ve shared all of my tried and tested recipes with you all! Some of my personal favorites include Chile de Arbol Salsa , homemade Tortillas, and the most amazing Carne Asada a la Tampaquena!
Serve with guacamole, shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream. The toppings are the best part, and an easy way to make the plate look beautiful! Another absolute plus for this recipe…Dirty Rice Taquitos can be made ahead and frozen in a sealed plastic bag for up to a month. Just reheat on a baking tray in a 350°F oven.Print
Dirty Rice Taquitos
These Dirty Rice Stuffed Taquitos by Chef Michael Gulotta are absolutely amazing!
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :30
- Total Time: :45
- Yield: 10–15 1x
- Category: Fusion
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: Creole Mex
- 1 pound Ground Beef (or Protein of Your Choice)
- 1/2 cup Tony’s 30-Minute Wild Game Marinade
- 1 Box Tony’s Creole Dirty Rice Dinner Mix
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 Package Corn Tortillas
- 15 Toothpicks
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound Velveeta Cheese
- 4 Dashes Tony’s More Spice Seasoning
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Bunch Green Onion
- Mix the ground beef with Tony’s Wild Game marinate and let sit for 30 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, mix together the Tony’s Dirty Rice Dinner Mix, 2/3 cup of the diced tomatoes and green chilies (hold the other 1/3 cup for later), and 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Bring the pot to a simmer and let cook covered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- In a cast iron pan over medium-high heat, sear the ground beef until golden brown. Drain off any excess liquid and place in the cooler on a plate or tray to cool.
- Once the dirty rice is tender, fold in 2 tablespoons of sliced green onion and 2 tablespoons of sliced cilantro. Lay the rice on a plate or tray and cool in the refrigerator.
- Wrap the corn tortillas in a damp towel and warm in the microwave for 45 seconds to soften.
- Keep the tortillas wrapped in a warm cloth to keep them soft. Take one out at a time and fill tortilla with one tablespoon of dirty rice, followed by 1/2 tablespoon of ground beef, then roll them – not too tightly – and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat two cups of oil in a large cast iron pan or large pot over medium heat. If using a thermometer, it should register 350°F.
- Working in bathes, fry the taquitos gently for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain them on a paper towel-lined tray. you can keep them in a 150°F oven until ready to serve.
- In a small sauce pot over medium heat, warm together the remaining diced tomatoes and chilies, Velveeta cheese and Tony’s More Spice Seasoning until completely melted.
- Serve the taquitos warm with the warm Creole Cheese on the side for dipping.
NOTE: Taquitos can be made ahead and frozen in a sealed plastic bag for up to a month. Just reheat on a baking tray in a 350°F oven.
Keywords: Dirty Rice Taquitos