If you’re looking for something different to enjoy for breakfast, look no further than this Egg Baked in Tomato Sauce dish! It’s savory, delicious, and easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to get your protein and veggies in for the day. This dish can be served individually or made in a casserole dish – either way, it’s sure to please. Give this recipe a try the next time you’re looking for something unique for breakfast!
Egg baked in Tomato Sauce, also called Egg Casserole, is one of the easiest, most delicious dishes you’ll ever make! Every bite of this soft, gooey Egg Casserole filled with rich, savory tomato sauce and luscious runny egg yolks will make you want to come back for more! Now that Spring has sprung, it’s time to change up your breakfast routine. A perfect dish to share with friends and family! This easy Egg Casserole recipe can be served individually or made in a casserole dish and shared at parties!
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these other great recipes:Print
Double Yolk Egg Bake in Tomato Sauce & Manchego
Double Yolk Egg Bake in Tomato Sauce & Manchego is a great appetizer to share, this savory dish can be served individually or made in a casserole dish! Luscious runny egg yolks meets a rich, savory tomato sauce.
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :40
- Total Time: :55
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- To prepare baguette for dipping, cut 1/2 of a sourdough baguette loaf into thin slices; brush very lightly with olive oil and place on baking sheet; bake in a 325 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven when completed and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees; prepare 4 ramekins, spraying with cooking spray on bottom and sides of each.
- Divide tomato sauce equally spoon into each ramekin.
- Crack 1 egg, and add 1 additional yolk on top of tomato sauce in each ramekin; add 1 teaspoon of milk to each ramekin, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of cajun seasoning on top, optional.
- Divide in equal parts and add Manchego Cheese and Parmesan cheese to each.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and egg is set.
- Remove from oven and serve with toasted baguette for dipping!
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Double Yolk Egg Bake in Tomato Sauce & Manchego