A simple recipe for Fried Potatoes and Onions!Print
Fried Potatoes and Onions
Fried Potatoes and Onions are a simple side dish that is very tasty. The potatoes are creamy but a bit crispy and cook to a beautiful golden brown. When you are looking for something simple as a side dish, potatoes and onions always seem to work for me. This is a one-skillet dish for tender golden brown and flavorful potatoes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- 2 tbs Olive or Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup real butter
- 2 pounds peeled Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes sliced thin (about six hand-sized potatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add vegetable oil and real butter to a 10 or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the butter melts add the potatoes and top with chopped onions, and salt, and pepper. I add about a teaspoon each.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10-minutes. Remove cover after 10 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes to cook a bit on the other side with the lid off. They should be fork tender.
- Keep cooking until you get golden brown that makes you happy then remove from heat.
- Adjust seasoning and serve!
- **Tip** Do not over stir the potatoes. Stir potatoes and then leave alone for about 4-5 minutes. Stir again. This allows the potatoes time to fry and brown in the oil.
- Serving Size: 6