Fried Ravioli are a crunchy and tasty appetizer! Fried Ravioli is made with cheese ravioli, coated with the buttery taste of crushed Ritz crackers, garlic powder, and herbs, and is quickly fried and drained and then sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Serve hot with marinara sauce for dipping for a delicious, quick and easy appetizer. Toasted ravioli, or breaded deep-fried ravioli, is an appetizer created and popularized in St. Louis, Missouri. Toasted ravioli can be found on the menus of many St. Louis restaurants including those of The Hill, a predominantly Italian neighborhood.
The St. Louis style of preparing ravioli is unique and delicious. This appetizer is breaded, fried and served with marinara sauce and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Here’s a version you can make at home, that’s easy, part of it can be made ahead of time, and is impressive enough to serve at a party!
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:Print
Fried Ravioli is made with cheese ravioli, coated with the buttery taste of crushed Ritz crackers, garlic powder, and herbs, and is quickly fried and drained and then sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :15
- Total Time: :25
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Fried
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 20 RITZ Crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) package large refrigerated cheese ravioli (about 24)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups warm marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, add the vegetable oil until it is about 2 inches deep. Heat to 325 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating, place the RITZ Crackers in a food processor and pulse until the crackers are crushed into fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a shallow dish. Add the garlic powder, pepper, Italian seasoning and 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese. Stir until all spices are evenly distributed.
- Whisk together the egg and milk in a bowl.
- Dip each ravioli in the egg mixture, then into the RITZ cracker crumbs. Be sure each ravioli is evenly coated with cracker crumbs. Shake off any excess.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add small batches of the RITZ cracker-coated ravioli into the oil. Fry for approximately 1 minute on each side. Watch closely so they do not burn; they cook quickly. When ravioli are golden brown on each side, remove from the oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Sprinkle the ravioli with remaining grated parmesan cheese and (optional) chopped parsley. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Fried Ravioli