Try this wonderful recipe for Gorgonzola-Honey Bruschetta appetizer. The yummy, tangy cheese melts and is complimented by the sweet honey on top of a toasted baguette. This bruschetta blends the sweetness of honey and the saltiness of cheese. Get this all-star, easy-to-follow bruschetta recipe from Giada De Laurentiis. A nice twist on your typical tomato bruschetta, and very easy to put together. Definitely an excellent appetizer that falls into the savory category.
Gorgonzola-Honey Bruschetta is a recipe where the sweet and salty combo is a perfect match – It is super easy and appears to be a gourmet appetizer to family and friends. You can use any local honey or even store bought; the secret ingredient is the small amount of sea salt sprinkled over the top.
Since ancient times, honey has been used as both a food and a medicine. It’s very high in beneficial plant compounds and offers several health benefits. Honey is particularly healthy when used instead of refined sugar, which is 100% empty calories. Read more about 21 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Honey
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mahogany Chicken Wings
- Marinated Portobello Mushrooms
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Balls
Try this wonderful Gorgonzola-Honey Bruschetta recipe from Giada De Laurentiis.
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: :35
- Yield: 36 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- 36 slices (1/2-inch thick) baguette bread, about 1 loaf
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola, sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the sliced baguette on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Bake until the bread is pale golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Arrange the cheese on the toasts and bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the toasts with honey. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt, optional. Place on a serving platter and serve immediately.
- Tip: preheat the pan, it has to be very very hot, and then turn off the heat. The bread will slowly toast.
- Tip: the most important: only use HIGH QUALITY ingredients
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Gorgonzola-Honey Bruschetta