Green Beans With Apple CiderPrint
Green Beans with Apple Cider
Green Beans with Apple Cider and a video on How to get outta that kitchen and let the microwave do the work. A great side dish for your next family get together.
Check out these other tasty Apple Cider Vinegar recipes to incorporate more ACV into your diet.
Read more about 15 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20
- 2 (16-ounce) bags whole frozen green beans
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow skinned onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- Salt and pepper
- Put the beans in a large microwave safe bowl, loosely cover bowl with plastic food storage wrap and microwave on high 5 minutes. Uncover and stir the beans, then cover and microwave on high 4 to 7 minutes more, until desired doneness, from still-crisp to tender, but with a bite.
- Heat a small skillet over medium low heat. Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and the onions and cook until beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cider, raise the heat to medium high and cook until liquid is reduced and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the beans from microwave. Season the beans with salt and pepper, to taste, and add to the pan with the onions and cider. Toss evenly to coat the beans and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 8