Harvest Pumpkin Soup is the ultimate fall comfort food that is perfect for warming up on chilly evenings. This soup is not only delicious but also healthy, as pumpkin is lower in carbohydrates than other starchy vegetables and is packed with essential nutrients such as vitamin A and fiber.
With its velvety-smooth texture and creamy flavor, this pumpkin soup is sure to become a staple in your fall recipe collection. Whether you use canned or homemade pumpkin puree, this recipe is easy to make and requires minimal effort.
To start, sauté onion and garlic in a large pot until fragrant and then add in the pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, and a blend of spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Simmer the soup until it reaches the desired consistency and then puree it in a blender or with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is low-fat, making it a great choice for anyone who is watching their calorie intake. You can also customize it to your liking by adjusting the amount of spices or adding in other ingredients such as coconut milk or roasted vegetables.
To make this pumpkin soup into a complete meal, serve it with a large salad or crusty bread for a satisfying and filling dinner. With its delicious flavor and healthy benefits, this pumpkin soup is the perfect way to celebrate the flavors of fall.
In summary, Harvest Pumpkin Soup is a nutritious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for warming up on cool autumn nights. Its velvety-smooth texture and creamy flavor make it a true comfort food, while its low-fat content ensures that it is a healthy choice for any dinner table.Print
Harvest Pumpkin Soup
Harvest Pumpkin Soup. Nothing says fall like pumpkin soup! Pumpkin is lower in carbohydrate than other starchy vegetables, and is high in vitamin A and fiber. Serve this soup with a large salad for a complete meal.
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: :35
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Diet: Diabetic
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 32 ounces reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery, and sauté for 5 minutes or until clear.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After the soup has cooled, transfer it to a blender and blend until smooth or use an immersion blender in the pot and blend until smooth.
- MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure to purchase gluten-free chicken broth and verify all other ingredients are gluten-free and this dish can be gluten-free.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Harvest Pumpkin Soup