Super Yummy Hatch Chile Grilled Cheese!! A grilled cheese sandwich with a kick! This is the recipe for Grilled Cheese lovers, because this will explode their taste buds with joy and satisfaction. There’s Grilled Cheese and there’s GREAT Grilled Cheese. Learn how to make the best Grilled Cheese Sandwich with a crisp, buttery exterior and gooey cheese center.
This Grilled Cheese recipe is well-loved by the whole family. Who can resist that impressive cheese pull? All you need is a skillet and a spatula. Grilled cheese is a classic American sandwich that has been around since 1920. It is a hot sandwich made with buttered and toasted bread and originally filled with American cheese, but is now commonly made with one or more different cheeses.
Enjoy Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Hatch Chiles for lunch. After making these cheesy delights, you might end up buying Hatch Chiles by the box just so you could enjoy Hatch Chile Grilled Cheese sandwiches all year-round. You can make this sandwich ahead, just cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for 3 to 5 days. Ideally, you should reheat it the same way it was cooked.Print
Hatch Chile Grilled Cheese
A grilled cheese sandwich with a kick! This is the recipe for Grilled Cheese lovers, because this will explode their taste buds with joy and satisfaction.
- Prep Time: :05
- Cook Time: :10
- Total Time: :15
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Stove Top
- 4 slices Sourdough Bread
- 1/4 pound Cheddar Cheese, slice 1/3” thick
- 1 Hatch Chile, roasted, peeled, seeded, cut in half
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Heat the skillet on low heat and add enough butter to coat the pan evenly. Assemble the slices of bread with the cheese and one half of the chile. Gently press them together to hold them in place.
- Put the sandwich in the bottom of the pan. Cook over low heat. Use the spatula to check for a golden brown color after 5 minutes.
- Flip the sandwich over and check after 5 minutes for the same golden brown color. Cheese should be completely melted at this point.
- Makes 2 sandwiches.
- Low heat – it takes a little patience to make the perfect grilled cheese. Keep your heat on low to give the cheese time to fully melt while the bread gets golden and crisp. If browning too fast, turn the heat down.
- Butter generously – the amount of butter may seem like a lot, but it is important for a crispy exterior.
- Use thick-sliced bread – we love using Texas toast because it’s sliced about twice as thick as normal sandwich bread. You want bread that is about 3/4″ to 1″ thick, but also avoid bread that is too thick or your cheese won’t melt properly. Using bread that is too thin will produce a flimsy and sometimes soggy sandwich.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: Hatch Chile Grilled Cheese