Indulge in the flavors of Italy with this recipe for Saucy Italian Drunken Noodles. This delicious pasta dish features spicy Italian sausage, caramelized onions, orange, red and yellow bell peppers, and fresh basil, all brought together in a delectable tomato-based sauce served over egg noodles. This recipe has been a beloved family favorite for quite some time and is sure to become a staple in your home as well.
The combination of savory and spicy flavors in this dish is truly unforgettable. The caramelized onions provide a subtle sweetness, while the bell peppers add a pop of color and a delightful crunch. The fresh basil brings a fragrant aroma and brightens up the dish. And let’s not forget about the star of the show – the spicy Italian sausage – which adds a robust and satisfying flavor that is perfectly complemented by the other ingredients.
One of the best things about Italian Drunken Noodles is its versatility. It can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish. It is also a great recipe for meal prepping and can be easily scaled up to feed a crowd. And, as the creator of this recipe suggests, there are no rules when it comes to food – only the requirement that it tastes good, which this dish certainly does.
Saucy Italian Drunken Noodles is a crowd-pleasing recipe that is sure to delight your taste buds. Its rich and flavorful ingredients are perfectly balanced, making it a comforting and satisfying meal that you’ll want to make over and over again. So, gather all of your ingredients and get ready to experience the deliciousness of this beloved family recipe.Print
Italian Drunken Noodles
Saucy Italian Drunken Noodles with Spicy Italian Sausage, Tomatoes and Caramelized Onions and Red and Yellow Bell Peppers, with Fresh Basil.
- Prep Time: :30
- Cook Time: :30
- Total Time: 1:00
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 4 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 c white wine (like chardonnay)
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes with juice (28 ounce)
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1/4 c basil, fresh
- 8 oz egg noodles
- Place a large, heavy-bottom pan or braising pot over medium-high heat; add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and once the oil is hot, crumble the spicy Italian sausage in the pan to small chunks allowing it to brown in the oil for a few moments. Once the crumbled sausage is browned, remove it from the pan/pot with a slotted spoon and place into a small bowl to hold for a moment.
- Place in pan the diced bell peppers, salt, Italian seasoning and cracked black pepper, and stir to combine. Allow those to saute for about 2 minutes until slightly tender.
- Next add in the garlic, and once it becomes aromatic, add in the white wine and allow it to reduce for a few moments, until almost completely reduced. Add in the diced tomatoes with their juice, and return the browned spicy Italian sausage back into the pan, and gently fold the mixture to combine; allow it to gently simmer for about 3-4 minutes to blend the flavors, then turn the heat off.
- To finish the sauce, drizzle in about 2-3 good tablespoons of the olive oil to create a silky, rich flavor, and add in the chopped parsley and about half of the julienned basil; stir, and keep warm while you prepare the noodles.
Keywords: Italian Drunken Noodles