Lemongrass Chicken is a healthy dish served over Jasmine rice and steamed broccoli. Super yum and simple to make.Print
Lemongrass Chicken is a healthy dish served over Jasmine rice and steamed broccoli. Super yum and simple to make.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35
- 1 ½ lb. of chicken breast, boneless, skinless, butterflied and pounded ½ inch thick
- 4 lemongrass stalks
- 1 can (4 oz.) mild green chiles, chopped and drained
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp. green curry paste
- 13 oz. coconut milk, full fat
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 8 large basil leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 cups organic broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 ½ cups white rice, cooked
- Trim the lemongrass on both ends and pound it with a meat tenderizer to break down the fibers. Then slice the lemongrass into small pieces.
- Timing is important in this dish, so prepare the white rice according to package instructions and keep warm.
- Steam the broccoli florets and time it so that it will be fork tender about the time the chicken is done grilling, about 8 minutes or so.
- Place the olive oil in a medium nonstick or ceramic frying pan over medium heat. Add the lemongrass, chopped shallot and the diced green chiles and saute for 10 to 12 minutes. Lower the temperature if it gets too hot and stir frequently. Let this cool for 5 min.
- Once the lemongrass has cooled a bit, add the following to a blender: Lemongrass/shallot mixture, Green curry paste, Salt, Garlic powder, Coconut milk, Lemon juice and Basil, remember to not chop this up until you are ready to add to blender.
- Blend this up until it is completely smooth and pour it into a saucepan over low heat to get it nice and hot.
- Heat up a grill pan over medium high heat and place the chicken breast on the pan. Season with salt and garlic powder.
- Grill the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Once the chicken is done it is time to plate up this delicious meal. Place some white rice on a plate, followed by some steamed broccoli and then a slice of chicken breast. Spoon the coconut basil sauce over all and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4