A Creamy Mushroom & Dill pasta sauce, SUPERYUM!
Mushroom & Dill Pasta
A great recipe for Mushroom & Dill Pasta! You can substitute fresh parsley or thyme for the dill. A little starchy pasta cooking liquid helps to bind the sauce to the pasta. This is one of the QUICKEST meal ever! The dish is rich, creamy and delicious! It’s perfect for a weeknight or any time you want a cozy comfort meal! Add in a garden salad and some fresh baked bread. It creates such a good sauce that is good not just on pasta but also on fish or lamb.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- 1/2 pound of your favorite Mushrooms
- medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 up heavy cream
- 2 TB chopped fresh dill
- salt & pepper
- Parmesan for serving
- Start by cutting up 1/2 LBS mushrooms
- Finely chop 1 onion and 2 garlic cloves
- Heat up a pan and saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until the mushroom starts to golden and the onion is soft.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1 1/2 cup cream and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook up enough pasta for 4 people, remember to add salt to the water.
- Boil until al dente.
- Strain and place in a bowl.
- Add the sauce, mix and serve with shaved Parmesan on top.
- To make this vegetarian, use vegetable stock instead. Conversely, I sometimes add sauteed chicken, beef, or veal to the dish to make it a bit more hearty.
- Serving Size: 2