Porcini Mushroom Sauce is simple and easy! This is a great recipe and can be served on top of some whole wheat pasta with a side of vegetables or any grilled protein. This elegant sauce showcases the earthy flavor of dried porcini mushrooms in the simplest manner possible. The reconstituted mushrooms are cooked down into a sauce that really concentrates their flavor.
The dried porcini mushrooms impart lots of flavor to this simple sauce, which pairs well with steak or roast chicken. Break the large mushrooms into smaller pieces for easier measuring and cooking. Porcini mushrooms are the star of the show, they have a deep earthy flavor that enhances any dish. Look for dried porcinis in the mushroom aisle at your local gourmet grocery store.
5 Health Benefits of Porcini Mushrooms
- Fiber for gut health.
- Antioxidants for immunity.
- Protein for muscle mass.
- Iron for essential minerals.
- No cholesterol, trans fat, or saturated fat.
Serve with Porcini Mushroom Sauce with either pasta or grilled protein of choice, bread and a dinner salad for a complete meal. Best Pasta Choice: Fettuccine or other long, wide pasta. Why not serve with fresh bread? Try these bread recipes: another French Bread recipe, Rustic French Bread or homemade Ciabatta Bread.Print
Porcini Mushroom Sauce
Porcini Mushroom Sauce is a great recipe and can be served on top of some whole wheat pasta with a side of vegetables or any grilled protein.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :10
- Total Time: :20
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stove Top
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms, broken into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Place olive oil in a large saucepan. Heat and add flour. Cook the flour 1-2 minutes until it just begins to turn brown.
- Slowly whisk in milk. Bring to boil and immediately turn to low.
- Add porcini. Cook until thickened. Taste and add salt, pepper and parsley.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: Porcini Mushroom Sauce