Queso fundido is as simple as it is decadently tasty. Perfect for game day. Total Touchdown!!
Super Bowl Queso Fundido Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect Super Bowl snack? Look no further than Queso Fundido, a delicious Mexican cheese fondue recipe! Queso Fundido literally translates to “molten cheese”, and it’s sure to tantalize your taste buds with its cheesy goodness. This skillet of cheesy heaven is sure to be a hit at your Super Bowl party, so be sure to make enough for everyone to enjoy!
This versatile dish can be made with different types of cheeses, vegetables, and meats. The traditional queso fundido consists of melted cheese mixed with chorizo or chilies, but it can be spiced up with jalapenos, onion, tomatoes, or even bacon for extra flavor.
One popular variation of queso is the “queso asado”, which is served hot on a skillet with roasted vegetables and spicy chorizo. This dish can also be customized with various toppings such as avocado, cilantro, diced tomatoes, and pickled jalapenos. Another variation is the “queso con queso”, which is served with a layer of melted cheese and chorizo, followed by another layer of melted cheese.
For those looking for a vegan-friendly option, there is the “vegetarian queso fundido”. This dish replaces the meat with a variety of roasted vegetables like mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and garlic. It can also be topped with vegan cheese for an even more flavorful dish.
Finally, there is the “queso blanco” or “white cheese” variation. This dish features creamy white cheese that is cooked until it becomes soft and gooey. It can be served with tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos for a truly flavorful dish.
No matter what variation you choose to make, queso fundido will always be sure to satisfy your cheesy cravings!
Serve this recipe with chips and some excellent Homemade Mexican Salsa, Garden Fresh Salsa or some spicy Chile de Arbol Salsa! This also goes great on Beef Carnitas Tacos, Slow-Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos or Marinated Hot Pork: Carne Adovada Tacos.Print
Enjoy this very delicious cheese fondue Mexican recipe! “Queso Fundido” translates to “molten cheese” (or “melted cheese”) and this skillet of wonderfulness definitely has plenty to spare!
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :18
- Total Time: :28
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 4 oz Chorizo, ground (or casings removed)
- 1 small Onion, minced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded and cut into long strips
- 2 cups Tillamook Farmstyle Cut Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups Tillamook Vintage Extra Sharp White Cheddar, Shredded
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- Cilantro, chopped
- Radishes, sliced
- Corn tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small ovenproof dish, break up chorizo and cook until brown. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan with drippings, sauté onions and peppers until tender.
- Add chorizo back into pan and top with the shredded cheeses, salt and heavy cream. Give the dish a quick stir and place in oven. Cook for 15 minutes, or until cheese begins to bubble and brown.
- Top with cilantro and radishes, and serve warm with tortilla chips!
- Serving Size: 6