Try the Pioneer Woman’s mouthwatering Southern-Style Baked Beans, a delectable side dish that complements a wide array of meals. With its irresistible smoky and backyard-grilling flavor, this easy-to-follow recipe is destined to become a cherished family favorite, perfect for grilling sessions and camping adventures alike. Prepare to savor absolute perfection with every bite!
The allure of Southern Style baked beans lies in their versatility; they flawlessly accompany various dishes such as pulled pork sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, hoagie sandwiches, grilled barbecue chicken, and ribs. Embrace the spirit of summer with these beans, as they effortlessly elevate any summertime meal to a whole new level of deliciousness. Even served cold, their delightful taste remains intact.
Immerse yourself in the rich heritage of Southern cooking as you whip up this classic recipe, paying homage to the comforting flavors that have stood the test of time. The inviting aroma and mouthwatering taste will transport you to a world of culinary delight, reminiscent of cherished backyard gatherings and memorable cookouts.
Whether you’re hosting a family get-together, a neighborhood barbecue, or a camping escapade, these Southern-Style Baked Beans are the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Their simplicity in preparation belies the exceptional flavor they deliver, making them a must-have addition to your culinary repertoire.
Dive into the heartwarming tradition of Southern cuisine with these quick and delightful baked beans. So, gather your loved ones, fire up the grill, and let the irresistible appeal of Southern Style baked beans infuse your meals with a touch of culinary magic.Print
Quick Southern-Style Baked Beans from Pioneer Woman
Delicious Quick Southern Style Baked Beans from Pioneer Woman! Southern Style Baked Beans – This recipe makes the perfect side dish for so many meals!
- Prep Time: :20
- Cook Time: 2:00
- Total Time: 2:20
- Yield: 18 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Southern US
- 8 slices bacon, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into small dice
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into small dice
- 3 large cans (28 ounces each) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup distilled or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard or 2 tablespoons Dijon
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Fry bacon in large, deep sauté pan skillet until bacon has partially cooked and released about 1/4 cup drippings. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add onions and peppers to drippings in pan and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and remaining ingredients bring to a simmer. (If skillet is not large enough, add beans and heat to a simmer then transfer to a large bowl and stir in remaining ingredients).
- Pour flavored beans into a greased 13-by 9-inch (or similar size) ovenproof pan.
- Top with bacon, then bake until beans are bubbly and sauce is the consistency of pancake syrup, about 2 hours.
- Let stand to thicken slightly and serve.
- Baked beans are high in protein, fiber, other nutrients, and beneficial plant compounds. They may improve gut health and cholesterol levels. Baked beans made with minimal sugars and moderate in salt can be a very nutritious addition to a balanced diet.
Keywords: Quick Southern-Style Baked Beans from Pioneer Woman