Ree’s Classic Hot Wings Recipe, a cowboy approved recipe.Print
Ree’s Classic Hot Wings Recipe
Try these awesome appetizers!! Ree’s Classic Hot Wings Recipe great for football get-togethers!! Game Day Chicken Wings are a crowd-pleaser, perfect for tailgating or a weeknight dinner. It’s football season!! We have had a serious hankering for some good ol’ chicken wings. We love to eat wings while watching football at a local sports bar or at home with our family and friends.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40
- Canola oil, for frying
- 24 chicken wing parts (12 wings separated into 2 pieces)
- One 12-ounce bottle cayenne hot pepper sauce, such as Frank’s
- 1 stick butter
- Several dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Several dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Blue cheese dip, for serving
- Celery sticks, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Heat 3 inches of canola oil in a heavy pot to 375 degrees F.
- Add half the chicken wing parts to the oil and fry them until they’re golden brown and fully cooked, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the other half of the wing parts.
- In a saucepan, heat the cayenne sauce and butter over medium-low heat. Add the Worcestershire and hot sauce. Let it bubble up, and then turn off the heat.
- Place the wings in an ovenproof dish and pour the hot sauce over the top. Toss to coat, and then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with blue cheese dip, celery sticks… and your favorite cold, fizzy beverage.
- Serving Size: 4