These Turmeric Chicken Wings are super simple and tasty. Excellent game day recipe or snack for your next party.
Turmeric Chicken Wings
These Turmeric Chicken Wings are super simple and tasty. Excellent game day recipe or snack for your next party. These Smoky Turmeric Chicken Wings are oven baked and crispy, garlicky, salty and smoky with just the right amount of tang!
Read more about Health Benefits of Turmeric
- Prep Time: 480
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 510
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced thin
- 3 scallions, cut in 1-inch pieces and smashed
- ¾ cup rice wine
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints with tips discarded
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Crushed red chile flakes, to taste
- Place ginger, scallions, 1/2 cup rice wine, curry powder, turmeric, vinegar and salt to taste in a bowl. Mix. Place chicken wings in a heavy resealable plastic bag. Add sauce mixture, seal bag and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Remove chicken from the bag, reserving as much sauce as possible. Spread chicken on a baking sheet and bake, turning once and basting with marinade, until chicken is cooked and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and wrap loosely in foil to keep warm.
- Strain leftover marinade into a small saucepan, add remaining rice wine and simmer about 10 minutes. Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water and whisk in. Season to taste with salt and chile flakes. Baste the chicken with thickened sauce and serve, or set sauce aside for basting when the chicken is reheated for the fat rice.
- Serving Size: 6