Roast Beef with Creamy Horseradish Sauce is such an excellent dinner to serve with fresh baked crusty bread mashed potatoes and a dinner salad. Top the salad with Blue cheese dressing, YUM!
A homemade Roast might sound fancy and complicated to make, but it’s actually quite simple! With a good piece of meat and some simple seasonings, you can have a perfect roast beef that is way more tender and flavorful than the store-bought kind. There is no single cut of beef that is necessary to make perfect roast beef. Some of the common cuts include:
- Eye of round roast
- Top sirloin roast
- Top round roast
- Bottom round roast
A meat thermometer is an absolute must! It really takes all of the guess work out of cooking big cuts of meat, and I promise you, it will come in handy more than just this once in your lifetime. Pro tip: make sure you’re inserting your thermometer far enough to hit the center of the roast for an accurate reading. For a medium-rare pot roast, aim for an internal temperature of about 140°F. The temperature of the meat will continue to rise a bit as it rests as well.
Serve this great roast beef with Garlic Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes or Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes. Try it with homemade crusty Homemade French Baguettes, fresh baked French Bread or some Ciabatta Bread.Print
Roast Beef with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Roast Beef with Creamy Horseradish Sauce is such an excellent dinner to serve with some fresh baked crusty bread, mashed potatoes and a dinner salad. Top the salad with Blue cheese dressing, YUM!
- Prep Time: :10
- Resting Time: :20
- Cook Time: 1:10
- Total Time: 1:40
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Diet: Diabetic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (3-pound) sirloin tip roast or bottom round roast, all excess fat removed (leave at room temperature for 15 minutes before roasting)
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 2 cups nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup peeled, grated fresh horseradish or prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup coarse Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the black pepper, salt, and garlic, and rub all over the roast. Place the meat in a large roasting pan. Roast the meat for about 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325 degrees F, and bake for about 50 additional minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the roast registers 140 degrees F for medium rare. Cook longer if desired.
- Remove the roast from the oven. Cover loosely with foil, and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Cut the meat across the grain into thin slices.
- Combine the ingredients for the horseradish sauce, and serve with the sliced beef.
- Serving Size: 14
Keywords: Roast Beef