Super Tasty Sausage and Pasta
Sausage and Pasta
For this easy dinner, Italian Sausage, Spaghetti Sauce and Tortellini. Oh, and don’t forget the cheesy topping that’s melted in the oven. This italian sausage pasta recipe is fast, easy, and uses minimal ingredients. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner that tastes like it came from a restaurant!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 65
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground Italian Sausage
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 24 oz package of fresh cheese Tortellini
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (1–24 oz jar) + ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet. Crumble in sausage and cook through, until no longer pink.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning water, and tortellini.
- Bring mixture to a boil, turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender. While pasta is cooking, turn broiler on to low (optional).
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan evenly over tortellini.
- Place pan under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Alternately, you could place the lid back on the pan and let the heat from the pasta melt the cheese.
- Pro tip: Want to make this pasta more spicy? Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or some red pepper flakes. On the flip side, if you don’t want it to be spicy, just use mild Italian sausages.
- Serving Size: 4