Seven Flavor Beef is an extraordinary dish that combines the piquant flavors of Sichuan cuisine with the fragrant herbs of Asia. The dish boasts not just seven, but an array of fifteen different flavors that tantalize the taste buds. Thinly sliced flank steak is infused with a fragrant blend of lemongrass, ginger, basil, and garlic that makes the beef tender and succulent.
But that’s not all! The combination of ginger, garlic, and onion used in this dish has been known for centuries to be an All-Star aphrodisiac that increases libido and sexual function. Additionally, the spices and red chilies used in this dish can also help to alleviate depression and enhance circulation.
Beyond the numerous health benefits, this sweet and spicy Seven Flavor Beef dish is simply just delectable. The perfect balance of savory, sweet, and heat is a feast for the senses, making it a favorite among lovers of Asian cuisine. So why not try this delicious and beneficial dish tonight and enjoy its many flavors and health benefits?
To store the leftovers of Seven Flavor Beef properly, follow these simple steps:
- Let the dish cool down to room temperature before storing it in the refrigerator. Leaving it out at room temperature for too long can cause bacteria to grow, making it unsafe to eat.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container that is large enough to accommodate the beef and any sauce or liquid that may be left over.
- Label the container with the date of storage and the contents to avoid confusion.
- Store the container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- When reheating, ensure that the beef is heated to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is safe to eat.
Note: Avoid reheating the Seven Flavor Beef in a microwave as this may cause it to become tough and chewy. Instead, heat it up gently in a pan on the stove or in the oven until it reaches the desired temperature.Print
Seven Flavor Beef
Seven Flavor Beef is an understatement for this delicious Sichuan-style sweet and spicy dish…. it has more like 15 different flavors!
- Prep Time: :20
- Marinade: 1:00
- Cook Time: :10
- Total Time: 1:30
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
- 8 ounces sliced flank steak
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 bunch thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground peanuts
- 20 Thai basil leaves
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a nonreactive baking dish for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a wok and heat over high heat.
- When oil is hot, add red onion, green onion, and bean sprouts and sear for 1 minute, stirring. Set aside on serving platter.
- Add beef to very hot wok and sear until rare. Add hoisin sauce and toss until coated.
- Add ground peanuts and basil and cook until meat is medium rare.
- Serve meat over onions and bean sprouts.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Seven Flavor Beef