This great tasting simple recipe reflects the way garlic mushrooms are commonly prepared in Spain.Print
Spanish Garlic Mushrooms
Spanish Garlic Mushrooms is an easy tapas dish and is enjoyed throughout Spain. Mushrooms are cooked to perfection in olive oil and white wine, and flavored with garlic, red chili and parsley.
Read more about the 14 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Garlic
Enjoy with a glass of Sherry or a cold beer, serve with some warm crusty bread to mop up the juices!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 13
- 10 Large Button Mushrooms, quartered
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish Paprika
- Ground Black Pepper and Sea Salt to season
- 1/4 – 1/2 Teaspoon dried chili flakes (optional to suit)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh, chopped flat leaf parsley
- Quarter the mushrooms, chop the parsley, crush the garlic.
- Over a medium heat, add the olive oil and saute the mushrooms for a few minutes. Then add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the parsley. Cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring. Then remove pan from heat, add the chopped parsley and stir through.
- Serving Size: 5