Stir Fried Beef and NectarinesPrint
Stir Fried Beef and Nectarines
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Stir Fried Beef and Nectarines recipes. Excellent recipe to enjoy for Chinese New Year. This Stir Fried Beef and Nectarines recipe will instruct you to fry the beef first, then removing it from the pan and then adding it back in later. This helps give the beef room to fry (too many ingredients in the wok and you’ll end up steaming your beef, not frying) and to give it a nice sear without overcooking it. If you use flank steak, make sure you slice ACROSS the grain to get tender meat.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 30
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pound beef (top sirloin, flank, eye of round) cut into 1/8″ slices
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 nectarine, cut into thin wedges or 12 chunks
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, black pepper and the 1 teaspoon of cooking oil. Add the beef slices and mix to coat well. Let marinate 10 minutes at room temperature or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat a wok or large fry pan over high heat until a bead of water sizzles and evaporates upon contact. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the beef slices to the wok in a single layer, laying out the slices all around the surface of the wok or pan. Fry 30 seconds, flip and fry another 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on thickness of your steak, until just cooked through. Dish out, keeping as much sauce and oil in the wok as possible.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the red onions and the garlic. Fry for 1 minute. Add the nectarine slices and let those get nice and warm, about 1 minute. Add the beef back into the wok, add the oyster sauce and toss to coat.
- Serving Size: 4