Szechuan Beef has bold flavors, particularly the pungency and spiciness resulting from a liberal use of garlic, chili peppers and Sichuan pepper.Print
Szechuan Beef has bold flavours, particularly the pungency and spiciness resulting from liberal use of garlic and chili peppers, as well as the unique flavor of the Sichuan pepper. No need to order take-out, this spicy Szechuan beef is completely mouthwatering and ready in just 30 minutes! Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Garlic is revered in Egypt for its medicinal qualities, and prized in Italian, Asian, and Indian cooking, garlic has been called “the stinking rose” for good reason. Check out more Garlic Recipes.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced very thinly
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sliced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon sliced jalapeno pepper
- 6 (1-inch) sections green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sichuan pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix the sliced beef with soy sauce, cooking wine, and cornstarch and set aside.
- Heat the wok and 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Stir-fry the garlic and jalapeno pepper until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the beef and the sauce ingredients and stir-fry over high heat just until the beef is no longer pink on the outside, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the green onions during the last 1 minute of cooking.
- Serving Size: 4