Teba Shio – Salted Chicken Wings are pure and simply, tasty snack!!!Print
Teba Shio – Salted Chicken Wings
Teba Shio – Salted Chicken Wings – Teba translates to chicken wings, Shio translates to Salt. So, it is salted chicken wings. Very simple yet, and truly honest flavor that only great quality ingredients and love can make this dish complete. The chicken wings only have salt and pepper on them, broiled for just10 minutes on each side and the result is SO MUCH better than fried chicken wings!
With just 3 simple ingredients, these mouthwatering Japanese Salted Chicken Wings – Teba Shio, are broiled until super juicy and crispy golden perfection. So very delicious and unbelievably easy to make, they will be the wings of choice for parties, game days and lazy dinners.
Crispy Baked Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings – these will probably be the simplest and most amazing wings you’ll ever make and enjoy. Generously seasoned with salt and pepper and baked to a lovely crisp perfection! Teba Shio (pepper and salt chicken wings) is a popular dish in Japanese tapas restaurants and bars, these baked chicken wing tastes like they were grilled! So much healthier for you!
Not what you are looking for? Try these other excellent, yet simple chicken wing variations: Super Crispy Baked Chicken Wings, savory Japanese-Style Chicken Wings or hot and spicy like Alton Brown’s Buffalo Wings.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1½ cups sake
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shichimi Togarashi – Japanese Seven Spice (optional)
- Lemon quarters (optional)
- Gather all the ingredients. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position. Line the bottom of a broiler pan with aluminum foil and place the broiler rack on top.
- Soak the chicken wings in the sake for 10-15 minutes (Flip at least once).
- Pat dry each wing with a paper towel and place the wing, skin side up, on the broiler rack.
- Sprinkle a GENEROUS amount of salt and pepper, and flip the wings to sprinkle the other side. Keep the skin side down.
- Turn on the broiler (high or 500-500F) for 3 minutes before cooking. Place the broiler pan in the middle rack of the oven, about 6″ (15 cm) away from the heat element. Cook for 10 minutes and flip to cook the other side (skin side) for 10 minutes.
- Serve with optional shichimi togarashi and lemon wedges on the side.
- Serving Size: 4