Try these amazing Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups, really tasty!Print
Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups
Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups with bolognese sauce and yummy cheese are a absolutely delicious and a healthy way to enjoy your favorite comfort food without all those carbs! Yes, I’m talking lasagna without the pasta or heavy carbs. Just cheesy deliciousness, tons of veggies and lunch all week. Sounds like a good idea, yes?
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 60
- 6 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tub ricotta cheese
- 1 jar pasta sauce of your choice
- 1 cup shredded pizza mozzarella
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce of your choice
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- In a food processor, blend yellow onions, garlic, carrots and celery together into a paste.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over med-high heat. Add celery-carrot mixture and saute for 1 minute. Add ground beef, red wine, salt and pepper, cooking for 3-4 minutes. Add 1jar pasta sauce, bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini very thinly using a mandolin or by hand. If you are slicing by hand and can’t get the zucchini thin enough, that’s okay! What you want to do is saute the zucchini until slightly wilted, about 2-3 min on med-high heat.
- Lay out zucchini slices flat, then spread with ricotta cheese. Top with bolognese sauce. Roll each zucchini slice up, and place in a 8×11 baking dish.
- Once all zucchini slices are rolled up and in baking dish, pour 2nd jar of pasta sauce over the top, then top with shredded mozzarella. Bake in 400 F oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or basil and serve immediately!
- Serving Size: 4