Air Fryer Chicken Wings so simple and very delicious. This recipe for Chicken Wings comes out nice and crispy without any additional oil! Cooking the wings in an Air Fryer only takes 30 min, and you can really toss them in your favorite sauce. The wings are so crispy on the outside but juicy and tender on the inside. For the crispiest possible wings, pat your chicken completely dry with paper towels before seasoning.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings are the best and crispiest wings ever! Done in less than 30 minutes, you’ll never make wings another way again! These Chicken Wings not only take a fraction of the time of baking, but get so crispy you’ll think they are fried. Skip the deep-fryer and forget soggy oven chicken wings. The air fryer offers the best of both worlds for crispy wings without extra fat!
This extremely popular creation came out of a New York restaurant in the 60’s by Teressa Bellissimo, who covered them in her own special sauce and served them with a side of celery and blue cheese.Print
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Chicken Wings so simple and very delicious. Air Fryer Chicken Wings are very crispy without any additional oil! Cooking the wings in an Air Fryer only takes 30 min, and you can really toss them in your favorite sauce.
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: :20
- Total Time: :30
- Yield: 2–4 Servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Nonstick cooking spray, for the basket
- 1 pound chicken wings, split at the joint and tips removed
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Celery or Carrot Sticks
- Spray the basket of a 3.5-quart air fryer with cooking spray and set aside. Pat the chicken wings dry and sprinkle generously with salt. Place the wings in the fryer basket so they are not touching (if necessary to fit, line up the drumettes standing upright along the sides). Set the air fryer to 360 degrees F and cook for 12 minutes, then flip the wings with tongs and cook for 12 minutes more. Flip the wings again, increase the heat to 390 degrees F and cook until the outsides are extra-crispy, about 6 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, warm the butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave until melted, about 1 minute. Whisk in the hot sauce.
- Toss the wings with the butter mixture to coat in a large bowl and serve with dressing on the side.
- While you are air-frying. Add water to the air fryer drawer when cooking fatty foods. Don’t overcrowd the basket. Flip foods over halfway through the cooking time. Open the air fryer as often as you like to check for doneness.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Air Fryer Hot Wings