Air Fryer Eggplant Chips are healthy and easy to make. Eggplant chips are the perfect homemade snack. They are flavorful, crunchy and savory, and they will satisfy your hunger cravings and save you from the wrath of processed snacks.
Crispy, savory and delicious, these homemade chips make an excellent snack that satisfies that crunchy & salty craving. Eggplant Chips are great any time!!
Air Frying is really the way to go. The air flow that is created under and around the eggplant is what makes it so nice and crispy. The more dryer they become the more crispy they will become. Also the thinner the eggplant slices are, the easier it is for them to become crispy, I like to cut mine about 1/4 to 1/2 of a inch thick.
Eggplant Chips Health Benefits
The eggplant has been an ingredient in traditional medicine for thousands of years. In the ancient Indian system of ayurvedic medicine, practitioners used white eggplant to treat diabetes and the roots to relieve asthma.
While eggplant isn’t the most nutritious vegetable, it does give you a decent supply of potassium and fiber. And at just 25 calories and less than 1 gram of fat per serving, it’s a pretty guilt-free food — as long as you don’t soak it in too much oil.
Eggplant has antioxidants like vitamins A and C, which help protect your cells against damage. It’s also high in natural plant chemicals called polyphenols, which may help cells do a better job of processing sugar if you have diabetes.
Not what you are looking for? Try these other amazing Appetizer recipes:Print
Try these oh so delicious Eggplant Chips.
- Total Time: :30
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- 1 Large eggplant
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh Rosemary
- 1tsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by slicing the Eggplant into 1/4 inch slices on a cutting board.
- Once the Eggplant is sliced, place them into a large bowl and toss with olive oil, parmesan cheese and fresh rosemary.
- Place the eggplant chips in or on the Air Fryer making sure they are not crowded, then allow it to do the Cooking.
- Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes till slightly crispy and browned. If you are using an counter top air fryer please see the air fryer cooking time.
- Remove and allow to cool down 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 455mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Eggplant Chips