Bourbon’d Filet Mignon is only 195 calories!!
Bourbon’d Filet Mignon
Bourbon’d Filet Mignon is a steak lovers dream, this quick filet mignon recipe is just for you! Serve with steamed veggies and a salad. If you’re a steak lover, this quick filet mignon recipe is just for you! Try it out with a side of steamed nonstarchy vegetables like asparagus, or a side of sautéed mushrooms.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided use)
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 5-ounce filet mignon steaks (or beef tenderloin), about 3/4 inch thick trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup strong coffee (or 1/2 cup water and 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules)
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper evenly over both sides of the beef and let stand 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Meanwhile, stir the coffee, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a small bowl.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot. Coat the skillet with nonstick cooking spray, add the steaks and cook 3 minutes on each side.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook the steaks 2-6 minutes longer or until they are done as desired. Place them on individual dinner plates in the oven.
- Add the coffee mixture to the skillet, bring to a boil over high heat, and boil 2 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to 2 Tablespoons. Spoon the sauce evenly over beef and serve immediately.
- Choices/Exchanges: 4 Lean Protein
- Serving Size: 4