Try this super tasty baked Chicken in Wasabi-Tomato Sauce
Chicken in Wasabi-Tomato Sauce
Super tasty Chicken in Wasabi-Tomato Sauce! Parmesan Chicken With Wasabi Tomato Sauce tastes too crisp to be baked. The savory coating on this chicken has the satisfying flavor of Parmesan cheese. It’s easy enough to be a family weekday meal yet impressive enough to serve to guests.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 27
- Total Time: 42
- Cooking spray
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 5 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko crumbs or unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
For spicy tomato sauce:
- 2 cups canned or jarred tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- For the chicken: Season both sides of chicken with salt and black pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place eggs in a separate shallow dish. Combine panko crumbs and Parmesan in a third shallow dish. Dip chicken first in flour, then in the egg and then panko crumb mixture. Transfer chicken to the prepared baking sheet and spray the surface with cooking spray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven.
- For the sauce: While the chicken is cooking, in a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce, wasabi paste, sugar, chili powder, and cumin. Set pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, for 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and reserve 2/3 cup of the sauce.
- Serve 4 of the chicken breast halves with remaining tomato sauce spooned over top. Reserve remaining chicken and 2/3 cup of the sauce for calzone.
- Serving Size: 4