Get ready to impress your guests with this mouthwatering Spicy Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Sunny Anderson. With just a few simple ingredients, this easy and quick dish is sure to be a hit at your next get-together.
The secret to this recipe is the combination of cheddar, Colby and Monterey pepper jack cheese and cayenne pepper, which add a satisfying kick to the classic mac and cheese flavors. The result is a creamy and spicy dish that’s both comforting and exciting.
To make this recipe, start by boiling the macaroni until it’s al dente. Then, combine the cooked pasta with a mixture of melted butter, flour, milk, and a blend of shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Season with cayenne pepper to taste, and mix everything together until the cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy and smooth.
Once the mac and cheese is ready, simply transfer it to a baking dish and sprinkle with a layer of panko breadcrumbs. Bake in the oven until the top is golden and crispy, and then serve hot and enjoy!
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just looking for a delicious comfort food meal, this Spicy Macaroni and Cheese recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. With its easy preparation and bold flavors, this dish is a great addition to any menu.Print
Spicy Macaroni and Cheese
Sunny Anderson shares her recipe and video instructions for her awesome Spicy Macaroni and Cheese.
- Prep Time: :15
- Cook Time: :45
- Total Time: 1:00
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- 2 cups elbow pasta, cooked until almost al dente
- 8 ounces Cheddar, 1/2 cubed, 1/2 shredded
- 8 ounces Colby cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces Monterey pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup finely grated onions
- 4 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta with the cheese cubes and pour into the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dry mustard, nutmeg. Add the sour cream, egg, heavy cream, half-and-half and onions. Pour over the pasta and cover with the shredded Cheddar. Bake uncovered until the top is just beginning to brown, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the bread into crouton-size squares. In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, add the bread cubes and toast until golden. Sprinkle the bread cubes on top of the macaroni and cheese and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
Keywords: Spicy Macaroni and Cheese