One pot Chili Mac and Cheese, too easy!Print
Chili Mac and Cheese
Chili Mac and Cheese – Two favorite comfort foods come together in this easy, 30 min one-pot meal that the whole family will love! Tastes like Chilli Con Carne – with the added cheesy goodness of Mac ‘n Cheese!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces elbows pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and ground beef, and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
- Serving Size: 4