Healthy and warming Potato Kale SoupPrint
Potato Kale Soup
This slightly smoky and spicy soup is perfect for a cool fall day or wintertime meal. The ingredients can be cut into large or small pieces based on your preference. The cooking time should be adjusted accordingly. Potato Kale Soup can be prepared a day in advance and reheated.
Love the Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana? It’s so easy to make it at home. This sausage, potato, and kale soup is total comfort food!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 60
- 2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 1 lb linguica or chorizo sausage
- 2 bunches of Kale, chopped
- 6 large red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Put olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and saute for a few minutes.
- Add sausage and continue to saute until onions are translucent and sausage is browned. Add red pepper, bay leaves and salt.
- Cover with Chicken Stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add Kale, cabbage and kidney beans to simmering broth.
- When Kale is half cooked, add potatoes and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Serving Size: 8