Hatch Chile Chimichurri is used both as a marinade and a sauce for grilled steak, but you can use it also with fish, chicken, lamb, or even pasta.Print
Hatch Chile Chimichurri
Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce used both in cooking and as a table condiment for grilled meat. A specialty of Argentina and Uruguay, the sauce comes in a green and a red version, but here is a version using Hatch Chiles. A colorful and flavorful addition, chimichurri sauce takes just 10 minutes to make!
Love chimichurri? Try these other amazing recipes:
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- ½ cup packed – cilantro, washed and thick stems removed
- ½ cup packed – flat leaf Italian parsley, washed and thick stems removed
- 2 medium size Hatch Chiles – roasted, peeled, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons capers, optional
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until all of the ingredients are chopped and well combined. Do not over process or the herbs may turn black.
- Adjust consistency with more olive oil for a looser sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve at room temperature over meat, fish, shellfish, or vegetables.
- Serving Size: 6