Steam-Baked Mediterranean Cod Packets: A Delicious and Healthy Way to Infuse Flavor into Your Fish
If you love Cod, this is a simply delicious recipe for Mediterranean Cod Packets in foil. Super easy clean up! This quick, colorful and nutritious weeknight dinner is a great way to encourage your family to eat more fish. These Packets are a healthy addition to your weekly meal rotation.
Because of its mild flavor and tender flakiness, cod is ideal here, but you can use other types of fish or vegetables in the recipe if you like. The method is easily adaptable. When making this foil packet with fish options other than cod, just make sure to adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of the fish you use. A thinner fish will need less cooking time, whereas a thicker fish filet will need a longer cooking time.
This has super quick and easy cleanup. You can just dump the foil packet onto your plate and throw away the foil and you’re done. This recipe has all the classic flavors of that sunny region with tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, olive oil and lemon–all wrapped up in foil packets! Also, check out PrimeWater Seafood for cod that is SUSTAINABLY RAISED & TRACEABLE.
Fish is great for dinner because it’s delicious and healthy — but it can also be pretty boring if prepared the same way every time. Here’s a simple way to infuse flavor into your Mediterranean Cod and get dinner on the table in less than 60 minutes. Cod is an excellent source of vitamin B12, niacin, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium. It also contains a great amount of protein for its size. The protein found in cod is complete because it contains all the essential amino acids that are necessary for our body’s growth.Print
Mediterranean Cod Packets
This quick, colorful and nutritious weeknight dinner is a great way to encourage your family to eat more fish. This has super quick and easy cleanup. You can just dump the foil packet onto your plate and throw away the foil and you’re done.
- Prep Time: :50
- Cook Time: :25
- Total Time: 1:15
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 4 skinless center-cut wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 15–ounce can cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Toss the potatoes, onion and garlic with 1 tablespoon olive oil, the red pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Put the cod on a plate; drizzle with the lemon juice and season with salt, pepper and the thyme.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Tear off four 16-inch sheets of tin foil. Make the packets. Arrange about one-quarter of the potato mixture on one sheet of foil; top with a cod fillet and about one-quarter each of the olives and tomatoes (along with some liquid from the can). Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Seal packets by folding top over. Repeat to make 3 more packets; divide between 2 baking sheets.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the liquid is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before opening.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter, chives, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Carefully open the packets; top with the chive butter. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Mediterranean Cod Packets