Spicy cucumbers are a longtime Noodle Bar fan favorite—but this is the first time we’re sharing the recipe. It’s easy to see why they’re a hit: the cool, slightly sweet cucumbers are a perfect match for the fresh, umami-packed dressing. And the spicy-crunchy topping means there’s a bit of variety in every bite.
This salad is a perfect balance of heat, crunch, and cooling freshness, making it an ideal appetizer or side dish for any occasion. The star ingredient, cucumbers, takes center stage with their vibrant green color and remarkable crisp texture. The combination of these aromatic ingredients creates a robust and flavorful base, infusing the cucumbers with a delightful punch.
Noodle Bar’s Spicy Cucumber Salad is not only a tantalizing culinary experience but also a feast for the eyes. The vibrant hues of green and red intermingling with the glossy dressing make this dish a visual delight, enticing you to take that first crisp, spicy, and refreshing bite.
Whether you’re a fan of bold flavors, a spice enthusiast, or simply seeking a light and refreshing dish, Noodle Bar’s Spicy Cucumber Salad will undoubtedly satisfy your cravings. So, grab your apron, gather your ingredients, and let’s embark on a culinary adventure that will leave you craving for more of this addictive, spicy delight.Print
Noodle Bar’s Spicy Cucumbers
- Prep Time: :20
- Total Time: :20
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Asian
- 4 Kirby cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 3 1/2 cups Scallion greens (chilled)
- 1 1/4 cups Grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons Rice wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Momofuku Chili Crunch
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- First, cure your cucumbers. Peel half of the cucumbers in alternating vertical strips—they should look striped, then slice into ½ in-thick pieces. Add 1 teaspoon Kosher salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar and let them sit for 5 minutes. Drain liquid.
- While the cucumbers cure, make the sauce. Add all the ingredients to your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Be careful not to puree too long or the heat from your blender will discolor the puree.
- Toss drained cucumbers with sauce in a large bowl. Top with Momofuku Spicy Seasoned Salt to taste. Garnish with sesame seeds and toasted almonds.