Very Tasty Plum Sauced Chicken Wings
Plum Sauced Chicken Wings
The best Chicken Wings with Semi-Homemade Plum Sauce recipe you will ever find. Fire up the sauce by adding 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper to the plum mixture before cooking.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 40
- 1 (15-16-ounce) can whole unpitted purple plums
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 chicken drummettes (2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Preheat the broiler. For sauce, drain plums, reserving liquid. Pit plums. In a food processor or blender combine pitted plums, reserved plum liquid, hoisin sauce, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, ginger, and pepper. Cover and process or blend until nearly smooth.
- Transfer plum mixture to a saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place drummettes in a single layer on the rack of an unheated broiler pan. Broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 8 minutes. Brush with sauce. Turn and brush again. Broil for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender and no longer pink.
- In a small saucepan bring remaining sauce to boiling. Transfer to a small bowl. Arrange drummettes on a serving plate. If desired, sprinkle drummettes with sesame seeds. Serve drummettes with sauce.
- Make-ahead directions: Cover and chill plum sauce for up to 3 days before using.
- Serving Size: 6