Craving something cheesy and delicious? Look no further than this decadent Shrimp Mac and Cheese recipe. Made with tender shrimp, creamy cheese sauce, and a delicious blend of seasonings, it’s the ultimate comfort food. Perfect for a cozy night in or as a hearty side dish, this recipe is sure to please any crowd. It is really easy to make, and ready in just about 30 minutes. Let’s get started! Also, check out PrimeWater Seafood for shrimp that is SUSTAINABLY RAISED & TRACEABLE.
The origins of Macaroni and Cheese as a dish can be traced back to medieval Europe, where a dish similar to it was commonly consumed. However, the version of Mac and Cheese as we know it today, with cheese sauce, most likely originated in the United States. It is not clear when shrimp was first added to the recipe, but it is a popular variation of the dish. Some people believe that it was an idea of a chef to make it a more rich and exotic dish.
The best way to store Shrimp Mac and Cheese is to let it cool to room temperature before refrigerating it. Once cooled, transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
When reheating, it’s best to use the stove-top or oven. Microwaving can cause the cheese sauce to become watery and separate. If reheating on the stove-top, warm it over low heat, stirring occasionally until it is heated through. If reheating in the oven, cover the dish with foil and bake at 350°F (175°C) until heated through, about 20-25 minutes.
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these other great Mac & Cheese recipes:
- Chili Mac and Cheese
- Greek Yogurt Mac and Cheese
- Simple Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
Shrimp Mac and Cheese
Shrimp Mac and Cheese
- Prep Time: :05
- Cook Time: :25
- Total Time: :30
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Toss the shrimp with the BBQ seasoning.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. When it foams add the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp for 2-4 minutes or until they just turn pink; Remove the shrimp from heat and reserve.
- Cook the macaroni per the package directions. Drain and reserve.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a nonstick saucepan. When the butter melts, add the flour and whisk to combine. Cook the butter/flour mixture for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Remove pot from heat.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg, a few grinds of black pepper and a good pinch of salt to the milk mixture.
- Add the grated cheeses and cover the pot. Allow it to sit for 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the lid and add the cooked macaroni and reserved shrimp. Stir to combine.
- Serve in warm bowls, top with some green onions and additional BBQ spice.
Keywords: Shrimp Mac and Cheese